


Tired this am... last night we had a great Indian dinner with S. and D. They were visiting family in Portland and we met them halfway in Salem. Downtown Salem does not look much changed from the 60's! I have a few favorite places there: India Palace (the food is soooo good), The Ladies Auxiliary Shop (great thrift shopping), the antique mall, and my big fave is the Halle Ford Museum of Art. It's small, but a GEM.
Thought I would post my cemetery photos today. Our new house is in the middle of suburbia. One day Monty and I came upon a big wrought iron fence and we decided to investigate. Surprise! One of the 5 pioneer cemeteries in Eugene. Many markers of folks who came via the Oregon Trail. It's full of old lilacs and daffodils. And it's a fenced place for Monty to run. He plays steeplechase, running around and jumping over everything.
I never would have made it over the Oregon Trail. I'm just having trouble waking up after too much Indian food...

No comments:
Post a Comment