Behold the giant asian pear! (and you thought it might be a grapefruit). While browsing in our local healthy store M. came upon this wonder of nature and had to have it. And luckily I had my camera to snap the entire momentous occasion.M. is one of the best artists I know. She approaches creating with confidence and focus. At age 11 she draws better than I do. And she has this wonderful talent to work in more than one dimension: bakery decorating, paper sculpture, and clay just to name a few. I really like working with her in the studio and we haven't done that for a while. Maybe she will send me some photos of her work, or her comics and I can put them in my blog.
Maya's mom is my best friend, which is sort of an old fashioned term, but dear to me. Best friend means I can be all of myself, yucky, cranky, judgemental and we can laugh about it. And my best friend likes to stare at plants as much as I do. She likes TV as much as I do, and she reminds me to eat vegetables now and then. And did I say she is a really good mom?
Hi M. and A. I love you both!

2 comments:
i'm more in awe at how big m. has gotten! she was little last time i saw her. would you tell her that i'd love to see some of her work too? say hi to a. and t. for me too
wow--kristinimartini is right! maya is a grown person! and that pear is full grown too--for $6 i should say 'full-groan.' ;^( l, d.
Post a Comment