My friend L gave me these children's blocks a while back. They are about 3 1/2 by 4 1/2 inches and they have that great little half moon cut into them. They stand up! Anyway, they are being a lot of fun to paint on, especially being two-sided.
So if anyone out there has any "funny shaped" wooden "things" they want to get rid of, I'd love to use them for paintings. I'm not sure these are done yet, so as usual comments are welcome, you won't hurt my feelings.
I've been tired all week. My friend said she was tired too. When I asked her why she said it was because she was sad. Seems like a good reason to be tired to me. We all miss Curzie. Oscar the multi-toed hoodlum cat of my heart has been sober and quiet. Monty seeks lots of pets. and Simon the fuzzy guy... well he seems ok, I figure he knows something the rest of us don't.
Off to the coast tomorrow for some much needed time with Ginger, books, and the couch. I hope everyone has a beautiful spring weekend.

4 comments:
Hi Janice! I'm liking these. Especially the top one. I can picture an arrangement of strange-shaped little paintings all hanging happily together on a wall.
I have been to Scottsdale before... to meet with the gallery. I was already in the area visiting my dad in Tucson for thanksgiving. I LOVE the desert....
Hopefully the beach will recharge you! I'm thinking of you and Ginger. xoxoxo
i'm so glad you are going o the coast, it will help to fix everything. i know curzie never really spent time there, but the air, the water, the naps on the sofa, they are all cure all-s!
i wish i could be there with you!(say the word! really! please? :)) i would normally say "do as curzon does" especially relating to food, but you know how that guy was...
i wish i could take the hurt away.
xoxoxo
ps, i am becoming more of a believer in molecules re-aligning themselves!
that story later!
Oh Janice,
Hugs to you, I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet kitty. I hope you'll find many things to bring you comfort. I'll see you next week and share stories from the desert.
Take care,
Linda
hi janice...so sorry about curzon ( i hope the time away from home helps)....visiting the coast seems like a good way to let things go....
i like both these pieces but especially the green in the bottom one....
Post a Comment