Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Totally Unexpected

We had tickets Sunday eve for a concert. I almost didn't go as I was so tired. I am SO glad I didn't stay home. This is Mariza, a singer from Portugal. Our local concert venue advertised that people could buy tickets for any price. No one was purchasing tickets because no one had heard of this woman. So with our ten dollar tickets we were treated to a thousand dollar concert. Mariza sings "fado" which is the Portuguese equivalent of the blues.
oh my, she was the most amazing diva. (and I love divas)
wow...

4 comments:

kristin said...

can you imagine being her and fabulous and have to play where no on even knows it? i will look her up for sure!

kristin said...

i just checked her out on pandora...she's the real deal!
i can't wait to play it next time i cook!

Ginger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ginger said...

It was the best thing I have ever been to at the Hult. She is very powerful. It was an incredible evening and Janice just told me that she is 6 ft. tall (per google).

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.