Tuesday, April 28, 2009

More from Southern California

Sitting in the conference I reaffirmed the fact that drawing and listening use two different parts of the brain. I actually think I stayed more alert by sketching the other attendees.
Or, it could have been another excuse to draw!

This is the miracle of my trip, reconnecting with Mona. 29 years ago when I was a very green psych nurse I had the privilege of learning (from Mona) how to appreciate and help those we serve in the hospital. I learned that being a real person, and helping everyone to laugh and enjoy the moment was healing. People like Mona come along once in a lifetime. We had such a great day, picking up right where we left off like it was yesterday.

and... Mona made me cupcakes!
I am soooo lucky to have found my dear friend again...

I'm still digesting all the events of the last week... more to come.

1 comment:

kristin said...

it's kinda weirding me out, but when you talked about mona, i pictured her pretty much as she looks in this photo! maybe drawing while listening quiets the voice in your head that wishes it could be making art while you're at work...you both get to be happy...
will the drawings be paintings?(xerox transfer?)

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.