Sunday, May 17, 2009

Strolling

Two posts in one day!
Today G and I strolled though Hendricks Park the site of our first kiss 21 years ago...
It's full of jewels this time of year including this delicate, spindly magnolia with perfect blooms and pure white buds.


The rest of my life is about managing: managing my job with too much to do, working on the studio while still trying to work in it, weeding and weeding (I like this a lot), and doing my best to go to bed on time. I feel lucky.
We had a great visit with BC and KJ. BC again asked me how I get stuff done. One thing is I don't watch TV except for "Lost" this season. Did anyone see Juliette get sucked down the tube? G and I burst into tears at the sadness of it all...

and... thank you all for the comments on the art I posted. It really helped a lot. I changed both paintings just a little and they both seem to work better.

Happy Monday to all, Alice are you there? If so I'm sending a big hug.


4 comments:

kristin said...

hi! YAY! NICE WEATHER!
Windows open, loooong bike rides, walking to brunch, playing tennis, Jasper getting a bath, waking up early cause the sun is-a-shinin', working in the studio w/ the door open, slowing down, smell of sunscreen, still light at 8:53 p.m., fresh,crispy produce.
Speaking of, I am trying to help you eat healthier:)

Your first kiss! Are you trying to make me cry?

Alice said...

well, aren't you the romantics! You and G are the best - I miss both of you. Still over here at the "big house". Visit me if you're ever over here! xoxoxo

Toby said...

I had to walk in Hendricks Park, following in your footsteps. No first kiss, but I'm glad you two did. I did stop in my tracks at that magnolia tree.

Anonymous said...

That is sooooo sweet, you two. It was fun to run into y'all again on the way out of town. We just HAD to see all those beautiful flowers again before we left. That was a wonderful visit and concert. I wish it could have been longer. I'll be up again. KJ got back home and said that kitty was doing pretty well.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.