Monday, March 22, 2010

The Haiti Fundraiser!

It started here... we had sooo many friends come! Ginger estimates she made about 35 espresso drinks during the day. She had to put ice on her coffee making arm!
It is the BEST feeling to have friends, family, co-workers and neighbors all come through our door and chat and have a good time together. Many thanks to everyone who came. And many thanks to all who helped and donated wonderful items for sale. It made extreme housecleaning worth it!

Simon and Monty (and us too) are tired, but happy. Simon was carried around all afternoon, and licked his favorite child thoroughly and Monty had various children and adults petting him constantly.
This party raised 1200 dollars for Haiti. (Doctors Without Borders).
Thank you everyone, SO MUCH
love, Janice, Ginger, Monty, and Simon (Oscar too who mostly hid!)

5 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

bravo....for remembering after the headlines fade away. i hope all is well and that you can feel my pat on the back for this amazing effort to give to those in need.

Janice La Verne said...

thanks beth...
i love it when my artwork helps someone. it's my favorite thing.
and the people in my life are so wonderful...

dean said...

Ginger and Janice--you are the greatest. Your efforts to help DWB and the people of Haiti don't JUST help them. I know one man in Alligator Point, Florida who feels his spirits buoyed just knowing there are people like you two in the world. l, d.

light on a rock said...

J just said that you are amazing people. I completely agree.

Ginger said...

I really have to thank all of our wonderful friends who were incredibly generous....I love you all.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.