Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Late night random thoughts



I like things that are supposed to be cute, but in reality are scary. This is my friend A.'s cookie jar. It reminds me of the feeling I had watching the Wizard of Oz as a child and becoming terrified of the witch's feet shriveling up beneath the house. Or my memory of the large rubber doll I had whose neck was rotted... I remember her head falling off backwards and screaming and screaming. (my father taped it back on with black electrical tape).

And why am I discussing this at 11pm when I am supposed to be in bed? I hate to go to bed. I don't like to let the day go. And I love any creative time I get when I am working. And Monty the greyhound has the entire bed occupied and I hate to disturb him. And Oscar the cat is on my lap and so happy.

K. had a great idea for Google images: jello. Brilliant. My next slide show for work will be quite jiggly.

1 comment:

kristin said...

before reading the post i thought that cookie jar was jello!
i don't have l's address, but i'll get it.
when can i call you?
xoxoxo

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.