Saturday, March 1, 2008

At home with the boys...

Oscar never lacks for something to say

Curzie the gentle boy in his pink tent

I am at home with "the boys" and it feels wonderful. I knew today was a catch up on my energy day, so I'm giving myself some slack. G. and I had a productive thrift shop where I found great clothes that look new! My friend K. pointed out (in a work meeting) that the knees of my pants were see thru. See, I don't like to shop, unless it's for books or art supplies.

I usually write about the dogs, but really Oscar the 17 pound, multi-toed cat is in charge of everyone including me. He has trained me well. When Oscar wants to be picked up he climbs onto the nearest counter and simply launches himself into my arms. He has been known to climb up my pants legs. Indoors or out, he prefers to be carried and held. Today while I was on the phone I avoided getting too close (so he couldn't jump onto me) and soon I heard a loud crash in the kitchen and the phone went dead (Oscar style retaliation). Oscar had managed to knock a bunch of dishes and one large knife onto the floor. The knife cut the phone cord in two!

And... of course he has me, I'm his lock, stock and barrel.

Last night when I got home from the longest day there was a package from M. with the most beautiful little painting in it, a kind note and another painting. It made my day. It will be treasured and framed. Many thanks.

Making this blog is a lot of fun. When I work all day it's something creative I can "make" that doesn't take too much time. And the comments are like surprises, they make me happy.

3 comments:

Michele Maule said...

I am so glad you like the little ACEOs :)

It's been a sleepy day here in Michigan. Can't wait until Spring is here and the snow melts.

Have a great week!

kristin said...

i can't wait to visit and hang w/ the boys!!!!!!!
xoxoxoxo
15th of march? sat-mon or tues?

kristin said...

i just remembered the time when you me and L were painting together in my apt. in eugene. you sat on the floor and you had a hole in your pants! hee hee hee

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.