Sunday, March 9, 2008

Update on Simon

It has been a difficult weekend. Simon has spent the entire weekend at the emergency veterinarian's. It seems he "tweaked" his neck while being groomed resulting in severe pain radiating down his right leg. On Friday night they gave him all kinds of drugs and he was zonked when we took him home. On Saturday by the afternoon he couldn't keep anything down, including all the pills they wanted him to have so back he went to the vet's for IV's, lab and xrays. Now on Sunday night he is perkier, moving his neck better, but still not able to eat. Last night we went to visit him and he literally jumped out of the cage into G's arms. We are SO attached to this little dog...

At the emergency vet you have to sometimes wait a long time to visit. We had been there about a half hour when a young couple came in with 2 cardboard boxes and sat down next to me. After a few minutes they asked if we minded snakes as they were worried their snake was getting cold. I said in my not trying to display unease voice, "oh sure, bring them out". The first snake out was yellow and about 5 feet and seemed rather determined to crawl into my lap. The second snake was little, but looked a bit too much like a rattlesnake for me! (it wasn't). I can't imagine a snake for a pet, but after about an hour the yellow snake was growing on me. And, it all kept my mind off of Simon...

So, we are still waiting. G is at the vet, Monty and I are home moping and cleaning bathrooms trying to stay busy.

I hate it when animals get sick.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.