Thursday, March 6, 2008

Six Feet Under, my new favorite TV series

We recently finished the last episode of Six Feet Under (5 seasons, 2001-1005). Since we don't get cable, we never saw it on HBO. Friends had always said how good it was, but I had NO IDEA. Good doesn't begin to describe the series. It's set in Los Angeles, so it was fun to see familiar locations. But, it's the characters that hook you. They grow and change and just when you think, "I don't like them" or "I love that character" they morph some more. And it's beautifully filmed. Kathy Bates directs and has an ongoing role. It was just such a ride. If you haven't seen it , rent it from Netflix. Special, special. Other faves are Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which I adored, and now we are watching "Lost". But this series is just a step above.

(Hard to write a review... glad I don't do it for a living)

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.