Sunday, July 20, 2008

Beautiful Silkscreen Prints from Etsy


I bought these prints from Sophia the artist who's Etsy shop is named Icebear. (www.icebear.etsy.com). I love her work. It's delicate and thoughtful and tells a story. They  are beautifully printed. I love spending my allowance for art.

Today, the state surveyors didn't come to my job so I got to go to my silkscreen class. I had a great time and took lots of photos. My work does not seem delicate, or have fine lines at all. I have to find out how Sophia did this. Silkscreen has grabbed my interest. Last night I had fun watching "how to silkscreen" videos on U-tube. More soon, photos asap.

2 comments:

Michele Maule said...

I love those prints Janice! I have seen her work before and hearted it right away.
I think you can get really fine lines like that by the mesh count of your screen. I think the higher the count the finer the detail you get. Also, be sure to choose your ink wisely.

I was using a plastisol ink on paper for a little while until I bought an acrylic ink made for paper. World of difference!

Can't wait to see your pictures! :)

Janice La Verne said...

Thanks Michele!

Our screens at school are 110 mesh... saying that right? and we are using fabric ink on paper. I think I need to do some ink investigation...

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.