Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Silkscreen Class!


Our second assignment in my silkscreen class started with picking a word from the zip-lock bag the teacher passed among the students. My word was "game". Once we had our word we did an exercise where we wrote all the words associated with the given word, and then from these words, words associated with them and on and on resulting in the map-like diagram above. Why? Idea generation. I just liked making all the word connections and putting it in my book and making parts of it in color. My new print is made up of 9 "tiles" like in a game of dominoes. Pattern and multiples. Now if I can only get it to register!

My class is great. The teacher is good, good people, and I like the process a lot. More photos soon. 

1 comment:

Michele Maule said...

What a great way to organize and brainstorm ideas! I will have to try this next time I feel stuck. I really like how that looks too. :)

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.