We are printing in mostly primary colors, no mixing... My print is on top and who knows where it's going... right now it looks like a strange dog who encountered space creatures. Plus, I am COVERED with blue ink. This is by far the messiest printmaking I have done. Today I had enough sense to bring old clothes to change into! T's print is looking great, white ink layered over blue.
Our teacher and T. chatting about silkscreen technique.
And... here is the best part! Adjacent to our classroom is the aviation lab where they teach mechanics and plane flying. No one is there in the summer and I wandered in to use the restroom and here is this United jet model hanging from the ceiling. It's about 15 feet long and full of little fake people and the sides are open as if there was some scary air disaster mid flight.
This class is a stretch. It's hard to get up so early, work in the am and then leave at noon, run to the bus and have class all afternoon. T. has been wonderful, giving me a ride after class to my car. But, it's totally worth it and really fun to do this. I love finally learning this. I could do this at home, but maybe in the backyard, way too inky, messy for the studio.
Tomorrow we are off to the coast for the 4th to meet up with K. and T. Almost their one year anniversary of getting married at the beach house.

1 comment:
Janice you are fast. It is such a pleasure doing the class with you, and then instant replay seeing it on your blog. Have a great time on the coast. Tobe
Post a Comment