Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Doing Better



Phew, I feel better tonight. Today I started off on the WRONG side of everything. I think the state of the world has gotten to me and my tolerance level for life's everyday woes is nil. But, it's been a good evening, warm weather, nice walk with the dogs, reading a great book (Wicked, the story of the Wicked Witch of the West),  and I got started on my independent study printmaking class. 

And, here is another in process painting... I have quite a few of these at the moment. I just beat them to a pulp until they either die or work. I've been experimenting with pastel ground, painting it on parts of the work so you can then draw on the roughed up surface. hmmnn. 

Have a good Wednesday and I hope you all can unplug from the world a bit and feel the good Fall energy.

2 comments:

kristin said...

i am in awe of how we use the same materials sometimes and make such different things. not new in the art world i guess, but i always think of it when i see something new(and inspiring) from you!
a new veggie dish for you tomorrow and maybe a post about my first day w/ a bebe!
erjiuka= comment code=a cool name!

Michele Maule said...

Love it!

oh Fall.
Oh Oregon Fall....

Enjoy it for me :)

I keep thinking to myself, "This time next year...."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.