Hounds and humans line up and wait and wait for the parade to begin.
Lots of the usual greyhound clumping action along with dainty butt sniffing.
Watching the tail end of the parade... Soramundi, the lesbian chorus.
Waiting for the bus to take me home.
I had a long and pleasant day. Warm and sparkly days, one after another. That's September in Eugene. Ginger is still nursing her injured leg so I marched in the parade with the hounds without her. The greyhounds are always a big hit and all my friends watching yelled hi to me. Then back in the afternoon to sit at the greyhound booth and chat with folks about what it's like to live with the worlds sweetest dogs. Poor Monty is way too scared to be in the parade. The year we tried he kept trying to jump through the crowds and run home.
On the last post, thanks for the feedback Michele and T. I do have a rather wacko sense of humor and I have always been fascinated by popular culture. I had a really bad dream the night I posted that painting all about people judging me. We all want to please others so much, but why paint if not for oneself and one's soul first? I'm glad I put that painting up, comments are so helpful. Thanks!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment