Friday, September 26, 2008

I'm a Girl Scout


Just a short post as we are getting ready to leave for the coast. It's been a really busy and hectic week and I am tired. G's leg is better, but not well. She has an MRI today, so hopefully that will chart a path toward improvement.

Why the Girl Scout card? Last night I got an amazing phone call from Babs who was my close, close friend in high school. I was blessed from eighth grade on to be a member of the world's best Girl Scout troop and Babs' mom was the leader. I don't care if anyone calls me a geek, spending time with those 20 girls (who by the way all grew up to be amazing women) saved me. I never would have camped, learned to sail a boat, make pancakes, plan events and on and on. Cindy, our leader is turning 80 and we all get to write about our troop for her. 

I have had many trials in my life, but from the 8th grade on I was always surrounded by good friends. 

I am so grateful.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janice,

What a wonderful sweet entry! So good to find you still have your flamboyant exuberance. Great picture too - it looks just like the scout uniforms of the time (which I recall we hardly ever wore).

--Babs

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Babs found you, Janice! Your entry made me cry. You are so precious. Glad you are well and happy.
Love & hugs,
Karla

Anonymous said...

Janice,
I'm so glad that Babs was able to locate you!!! You are right, we did have the most amazing troop. Best friends forever and so many wonderful memories. Would love to see you - can't wait for the birthday party!
Love,Linda

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.