Monday, September 8, 2008

Monty's Prey Drive

So, today... Monty our greyhound, our well behaved boy who has never chased a cat or exhibited much of what is known as "prey drive" met his first pygmy goat this morning. We were taking a little walk in Yachats (pop. 600) a beautiful little Oregon coast town when we walked past the fire department. Out in front were two little goats and Monty went nuts. His ears stood straight up, he danced, and he tried to pull me across the street. Even a firm "no" didn't do much good. I had no idea if he wanted to eat them or had fallen in love. Luckily I weigh more than he does and finally tugged him away. He looked longingly over his shoulder all the way to the car. Goats??? 

I'm home from the coast and I don't want to go to work. I just want to stay home and paint. Hope all is well with everyone.

2 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

i think we can learn a lot from our animal friends..my welsh terrier has been acting REALLY odd this week...what could it be??

Michele Maule said...

I think that is Chloe saw pygmy goats she would run the other way cowering and shivering. :)
Our friend Comora brought over her great dane, and Chloe ran into her lap and wouldn't move. She was so frightened...

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.