Monday, March 3, 2008

Sock monkeys and work

Sock monkeys are following me. These three lovelys were made by high school students for a fundraiser in Waldport. I especially liked the sky blue dress and bright blue eyes. But, if you really want a sock monkey thrill go to www.etsy.com and type in "sock monkeys" into the search engine.

When I really feel fried at work this is exactly what I do along with googling "images" and make image collections for icky slide shows like "wound care". As a teacher I feel entertaining adult students is vital, life is too short to be bored.

So, if you have a category for me to collect leave a comment. I have: greyhounds, funny cats, barbies, orchids, trees and sock monkeys. I'd love some ideas about what to "collect" next. Do you have a favorite image to google?

Well, I have to get up way to early tomorrow, so am heading to bed. Sock monkeys forever!

4 comments:

kristin said...

while i can't think of anything @ the moment that i collect visually online, there is a blog that i check in on a regular basis(a risd alum, tho i didn't know her) who collects all things jello so i thought you'd love.
http://printerpiemaker.blogspot.com/

kristin said...

oh yeah, google image jello!!! wow!!

kristin said...

actually , i think the link i sent collects jello cookbooks...i think you'd like her blog when it's about jello anyway!

dean said...

shell artwork!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.