Friday, December 26, 2008

Eating Peeps on Christmas


Yum, these peeps my sister sent tasted sooo good, I'm not kidding. For some reason they just hit the spot. Christmas was very fun, even though I missed my family. I really love our philosophy on presents... G and I tried all kinds of ways to deal with presents and Christmas. Ignoring it did not work. The time G and I tried to pretend Christmas didn't exist we were a lonely mess. Shopping and buying and spending didn't feel good either. So, many years ago we decided the presents we give cannot cost more than 5 dollars (except now it's 7!). It is a real challenge to find something real and meaningful for that amount of money, yet it can be done. And... it results in lots of presents under the tree. And when we open them we laugh a lot and nominate the best presents of the year. My sister's gift of peeps and a donation to our local food bank won hands down in my opinion. Also wonderful were a jar of apple butter, a book on Rothko, and a cute little bowl.

So, here it is the day after Christmas, we survived all the snow and cold weather. We are healthy and together and so fortunate. But, I did have this really awful dream last night that I was sent to live with Morticia and the Addams family. Really.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.