Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I want to know

ok, the euphoria of getting picked for the residency is wearing off a bit. Now I want to know: what will it be like? will it be too hard to be separated from Ging for a month? Suppose these midwestern art people are homophobic, and worst of all what if they don't like what I do? Suppose they made a mistake and I'm not really good enough?

New painting. I do like it.
And I still can't wait to go to Nebraska.

5 comments:

dean said...

sounds like you're trying to defeat yourself! a month away will be a bit of a trial, but what a homecoming! and stereotypically speaking, artists usually are not homophobic--even midwestern artists--and aren't the other artists coming from around the country? you have to stop all that bad talking in your head. you are worthy and deserve this opportunity--and ginger and the animals will still be there when you get home--and will be soooooo glad to see you. l, d.

Anonymous said...

oh,uh huh... you received a visit from Frau Failure and Herr Horrible. They are really mean and tell you stuff that makes the frosting taste bad even though it's on a cake that is perfectly delicious and beautiful. You should tell them to shut up and go away because you have plenty of people that love and support you. Besides... we assume welcome, do our best, and reserve judgement.
TA DAH - you rock!!
LG

light on a rock said...

Silly,

Artists are not phobic about anything except not being able to work and not having enough money to work.

Maybe Ginger could come and see you?

They would not have chosen you if they did not like your work. Really like your work because there are so many who apply.

Now get a good night's sleep.
L

Anonymous said...

I say to hell with them if they are that way. After all, they have to live in Nebraska, and you don't....Mona

tangled sky studio said...

being from michigan (and chicago) i can say that nebraska is not really the midwest...really
it is from this day forward to be considered a neverland where all are welcome and celebrated and yes...they picked you!

beth

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.