Monday, November 30, 2009

Small events that warm the heart

In Middlebury, Vermont G and I sit in a coffee shop across from these two best friends. It was cold and windy outside and they were cuddled on the couch knitting and talking. The fantastic blanket they were curled up under was being worked on at the same time it was providing warmth. I had the best time drawing these two, and it was fun to give them the drawing as we were leaving. I love seeing friendships between women and these two reminded me of two best friends I don't get to see often enough! (yes... ms. k and ms. l)

And then there was "Plasticville USA". How cool is that.

It is beyond grey today.
But, a good day.

5 comments:

light on a rock said...

Everything I see you make photographs, paintings on your blog all have lots of color.
L

dean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dean said...

When are we going to see Olive Oyl's vacation photos?

Janice La Verne said...

hey Dean,

I promise... soon!

Janice

Anonymous said...

I just love the picture of the friends, working and being nurtured by their shared project. I think it is a classic. Mona

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.