Friday, November 13, 2009

She has been reading too many vampire novels...

eeekk! I painted myself into a corner. There may be about 6 different paintings happening all at once. L would say, "what do you want?" I want it to hang together. Favorite figure is the one in lower left corner. Her shirt says "Roosevelt". And she is bald. What does it all mean? I don't know, but it may work itself out. Advice?

And in direct contrast is this calm little painting of a baby saint.

ok, I have to go make dog food.
Isn't painting interesting, frustrating and compelling?

2 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

all of the above! i too like the lower left hand woman...maybe the other figures need to fade a bit more so she can tell you what she has to say....good luck.

beth

Michele Maule said...

I love it! haha! yes! It looks great!

ps! I had a dream last night and you were in it. I dreamed I was doing a craft fair at this really weird bar, but I was only selling three things, and you came up to me and said, "What are you doing here??"

That's all I remember :)
Glad to see your making art!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.