Saturday, April 10, 2010

Finding Treasures, Helping the Library


I set my alarm this am for 4:30am so I could be one of the first to enter the Eugene Friends of the Library Book Sale. I questioned the sanity of this action a bit, but getting up early was totally worth it!

There were thousands and thousands of books and the art table was a treasure trove.
Most books were only a dollar fifty, including the beautiful Joan Brown book below!

This craft book for children is dated 1937 and has great illustrations.


I haven't been the most cheerful person lately, especially last week...
This library sale with all the volunteers and the huge effort to make it happen made me feel good. And... it inspired me to let go of some books I'm no longer needing and send them on to new readers.

Special hellos to Sonny, my favorite book lover.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes the Newport Beach Library, which is kinda la te da, has a bag a buck sale. You can get a whole grocery bag full for a dollar. I'm not so dedicated as to getting up at 4:30, but I do like to go.....Mona

Ginger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ginger said...

I couldn't get up either, though JL invited me. Dean would have gone with her I'm sure (if he could get up) I'm sure I missed good books but, oh well.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.