Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Too Busy

I am not a person who thrives on being busy. I remember being a kid and spending hours making little dams in the gutters and floating home made boats in them. I remember digging in the dirt, and dressing my dolls in handmade clothes. We didn't have all the activities that kids do now. So maybe I grew up needing blocks of time to "do nothing". Time to read and paint and watch a movie.
I get cranky when I don't have time. I have been cranky and out of sorts a lot lately. I'm craving time. The residency in Nebraska was one of the best things that ever happened to me. I know what uninterrupted time feels like now. I want some.
Tonight at 10:30pm I went out in my pajamas, in the rain to "steal" some trash can room. I walked around the block, checking out who's can had room for our extra garbage and thought to myself how calm and beautiful the night was. Peaceful, cool rain and beautiful sky.
I'm thinking of Michele Maule because she is always so honest in her blog. She's inspired me to be honest here too. Thanks Michele.

2 comments:

Agalini said...

I loved building dams, floating handmade boats and looking under the moss for earth worms in the gutters, playing for hours. Thanks for the memory. Sounds like it's time for a trip to the coast for you.

Unknown said...

Jla. i made boats out of 2 by 4's that my dad gave me, with small nails around the perimeter and thread for the rope keeping the people from falling off the boat! big memories. i guess i was making big 'ole passenger boats, eh? i's good to let the imagination float...... will miss you this summer.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.