Sunday, April 18, 2010

Monty's Big Day

Ginger and I attended the monthly Eugene Greyhound Walk because it started right up the street! It began with the gathering of about a dozen long-nosed sweethearts who greet each other with happy sniffing and clumping. Greyhounds are amazing. They don't fight or argue when together in groups. They just have a nice time smelling each others private parts and ambling along.

This beautiful path wanders among neighborhood homes and comes out at the top of the hill.

Water break.

Monty (on the left) and a new friend.

It was a beautiful Oregon spring day, a perfect day for a greyhound walk!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went to a SPCA walk, and there were some women there with greyhounds. Everytime anything alerted the hounds, the owner would yell "not a rabbit, not a rabbit", and the dog would return to napping. I thought it was too cool.....Mona

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.