Monday, April 12, 2010

Transfer, Pre Inventory, Antenna, All Unmarked Lines Hairline




Ginger gifted me with some old business stamps (my favorite) and I went to work on the foam blocks. Way fun.

4 comments:

kristin said...

very interesting. are you thinking(poss. subconsciously) of transgender? some of the imagery w/ the stamps could suggest so. you know me so in no way is it a criticism, but i was just wondering....

i must know of the studio transformation!! what furniture did you get rid of?? and, let me know when you are ready for your next box-o-goodies(tho i am unsure when the first is s'posed to arrive!)

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Janice La Verne said...

I was... thinking of transformation, transferring one identity to another, and how we all change and how some of us must change... and how some of the labels don't make much sense and how some do. oh it always sounds stupid when I try to put words to a non-word subject...

tangled sky studio said...

i love the color in these janice (no surprise) but i also like the combination of images and words (stamps)..have you used text in your work before? anyways, i like.

light on a rock said...

After looking and re-looking at these (sketches?) I think that they might be bits of ideas. Little bits of ideas that can occur from looking at collage stuff and attaching a word to it.

As they involve body parts and body wholes are you thinking that we are affected by the word or the word effects us?

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.