I save all my allowance to buy art from Etsy (www.etsy.com). The first piece is a collage/linocut from Loadedhips Press in Portland. The second is a Gocco print, hand colored from Benconservato in France. Both cost way too little money: 15 and 20 dollars each, for original art!I was the kind of kid who always sent for whatever was on the cereal box. I loved and still love getting mail. When the Etsy packages come it's so exciting. And every time there is something personal... a handmade business card, or a note or ???
What a great way to support artists and get cool prizes in the mail.
On the health side, pollen season has arrived with a vengeance. I thought something was odd this week when I couldn't think at work and wanted to fall asleep at 10am. I tried to cope by eating a giant donut each day, but now think that this method of coping was not optimal. Tomorrow it's lots of showers to wash the pollen off, change the sheets all the time, stay indoors and pray we go to the coast soon.


4 comments:
have you tried what oprah calls a "nose-bidet?" a.ka. a neti pot? it's supposed to rinse the pollen outa your nose.
oh yeah, i haveta limit my etsy exposure lest i spend all my money's. that's a lot of art considering how cheap(too cheap) it can be. but so much lovely art! all for us!!!! yeeeesssss!!!!!
Etsy is soooo addicting!
Once you get a neat little thing in the mail, you want to keep getting neat little things in the mail.
And knowing that you are helping to support an artist is such a great feeling too... :)
I agree with Oprah and Kristin! Look into a neti pot. I have heard they work miracles...
that oprah, is she related to della? she knows everything! and yes, a neti pot sounds like what i need asap. will do.
thanks! gals!
Post a Comment