Sunday, June 1, 2008

This is where I feel at home

I don't know if you can see this white speck, but it's Monty racing along the shore.



This is the Yachats river and the view driving into town. Every time I see this little village I feel as if I am home.




Standing, looking upriver under the bridge. The river winds it's way up a beautiful valley for about 15 miles.



Summer tides expose ROCKS! and hunting for stones is G.s meditation
It's been a long weekend of house putting away and sorting. I have the studio about 80% finished and it's going to be a peaceful, beautiful space to work in. When I went to find photos for this post I choose these. I took them two weeks ago at the coast. Only 4 days and we'll be there again! I want to read and read and read and paint and relax and not unpack boxes.







1 comment:

kristin said...

oh how we wish it was july 4th already. jasper, t. and me feel at home there too. the rest of the world falls away and the day is only about friends, walks, dogs and yummy food, naps when you want, treasures from the sea, and a story to make people jealous when you get back to the real world. burgerville, salty dawg and things made in your kitchen.yum! la dee da parade, fireworks and dogs swimming in the river. can it get any better?

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.