Monday, June 16, 2008

Sneezing and Wheezing

Pansies and violas along our walkway


Campanulas and Hosta near the house

Sad and worried Tashi, our house guest for three days...

I have spent the evening trying to entertain and console poor Tashi who is staying with us. It's actually a pretty good use of my time. I am so full of grass pollen I can't think clearly or breathe too well. This happens every year, and every year I think the same thing... why do I live in a place where the most beautiful days of the year I can't go outside? OK, it's an exaggeration, until last week I was outside a lot. The first two photos are my little entryway garden which is so fun to maintain because I can weed it and trim it up in an hour! I'm starting to love gardening again living here. 

Tashi is another rescue dog... he's about two years old and full of spunk and energy. He looks like a silky tri-colored mop and is very sweet. Our boys look at him like he is from Mars. 

Ok, I've changed the sheets, washed all the pollen off myself, banned the dogs from the bed... maybe tonight my allergies will calm down. I only have to hold out til Thursday when we go to the coast. Despite all I am happy!

Special hellos and love to my sister and Dean, celebrating their birthdays. May they last ALL MONTH!

3 comments:

dean said...

thanks! mom is coming over for a couple of days. nice treat.

kristin said...

who is tashi? how did he come to stay w/ you? such a cutie! i've been trying but can't talk tom into a buddy for jasper--we don't really have the room anyway.....

Janice La Verne said...

Tashi is L. and R.'s new dog. He is so cute, like a little mop on legs. He is about 2 and came from the animal shelter. He had major separation anxiety being here though, barked and cried and we got little sleep so had to ask his moms to come home early. He also has the cutest overbite and his tongue hangs out a lot.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.