Today we three visual artists drove to Omaha to visit the Bemis Center.
I love this sign "because creativity matters". For every person I have ever met, myself included I assign (as Queen Janice) a broad and encompassing meaning to the term "creativity".
The Bemis Center is HUGE, 5 stories high and 170,000 square feet. They also offer artist residencies. Today we were attending a gallery talk about the current exhibit.
We were lucky enough to get to tour all 5 floors, huge open spaces filled with materials and collections and art installations.
Here are Nadine and our tour guide Joel in "the cave:" It's literally a cave created inside a warehouse. They have concerts and gatherings here and it is lit by candles.
There was so much more... we also toured the Phillip Schrager Collection of Contemporary Art which was full of huge works by well known artists.
And then we drove home and saw the sunset on the prairie. All in all a day filled with great discussions and lots of inspiration. Thanks Nadine and Skye!

2 comments:
Hi Sonny,
Love the sheath girls! I hope by sanding them down it doesn't mean that they are no more. Your coaster project is great - are they going to be a mobile since they are 2 sided? Making lists is a great idea - something that I haven't done but need to do - I try to keep everything is my head - it doesn't work. I sent you a post card from our trip to Concord, Mass which was very fun. How many day do you have left? Got your "Bewitched" letter - thanks - so good of you to write and do art! Just got back from seeing the movie "It's Complicated" with Barbara and Laurie - very funny - it was girls night out since Cary is working and Michael and Laurie's husband were at a Barbershop event. Can't believe it's almost 11 p.m. Guess I better go to bed. You're doing GREAT work!
Love, Sonny
I would love to go to an event in a candle lit cave....coool, Mona
Post a Comment