Today was a social day. First, the high school students came to visit us. They were very quiet, but spent a lot of time looking at the work on the walls of the studio. When they left one boy gave me a big hug!
Then all the residents, and Denise and Pat went to lunch at Lied Lodge, a beautiful conference center that reminds me of a national parks lodge. Yummy lunch. Then our writers read to us, and we took a last tour of the studios to see what we all had been up to.
Tomorrow is my last day to work in the studio...
I'm going to take at least an hour or so to make more drawings. Nadine next door says sometimes she hears me laughing. I laughed when I made these breakfast girls.
A month has flown by...
Love to all, Janice

5 comments:
Jumping off the deep end is the only way to swim. Your creative journey of your residency has been amazing to watch. :)
i looooooooooove the breakfast girls!!!! love love love them! food is art/art is food as we discussed today. yes. did i say how much i like this drawing? a whole lot?
xoxoxoxo
Love these Janice! :D
I'm so glad you had the opportunity to do this residency. It looks like you had such an amazing time.
Hi Janice
i put a copy of colourslide's new cd in the mail today. it should be there when you get home. http://www.myspace.com/colourslide
Post a Comment