Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It is true that the place one resides influences the images you make.
Below is an early layer of the painting I'm working on. These buildings are on the main street.
The figures will live here somewhere... It's kinda like playing with a dollhouse. Where will they go? What is their relationship with each other?

I had so much fun today in the studio. I worked on back and forth on coasters and paintings.

And I'm in love with the image below. This one has a nice internal "clunk" that lets me know it works. I don't get to this place too often so it felt good.

And then I went to lunch and to the beautiful bank on the corner. They let me wander about upstairs and I took this photo of downtown Nebraska City.

All in all a great day. I'm absolutely pooped out, but pretty happy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course they would let you have the run of the place! Great shot of the town....Mona

Sonny said...

Hi Sonny!

I left a comment but guess I did something wrong. Love the colors and lines in your work - and love seeing where you're at - like from the second floor of the bank building to photo "downtown". Enjoy every moment!
Love,
Sonny

amy said...

Hi Janice,

Well, I just posted a comment saying it was my first (!) time commenting on a blog (as well as some other things) and then I couldn't post it because I had to have a google account. Now I have a google account and so I guess THIS will be the first time I've POSTED a comment on a blog. You WIN!

Honey, I'm just loving what you wrote, showed and are working on. Sounds like you're having a great time. How glorious!

Just have to let you know, I'm forwarding the photo of the 10 commandments in front to the court house — to Americans United for Separation of Church and State. Always a treat to see signs of "religious freedom" (and inclusion of course) outside our public buildings....

Thinking of you daily and with love,

Amy

tangled sky studio said...

love, love, love the woman with the two birds.....thanks for sharing your experience.

Kati Schardl said...

Oh, Janice, I love the "clunk" painting of the child/woman with two red birds SO much! It makes something go "clunk" in me, too. You are doing great work, dear - I'm so happy for you!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.