Friday, January 22, 2010

Experimenting

Because I have lots of time I can try out ideas that I would discard at home. Last night I started experimenting with playing cards, ink and transfers on paper.
Another idea that came to me was drawing figures over my used paper painting palettes.
Each day at the end of my work I clean up, put everything away, make order and make a list for the next day to get me started. It makes me feel grounded and accomplished.

Tomorrow we are going to Omaha, about an hours drive from here. We are attending a lecture and exhibit at the Bemis Center. They also offer artist residencies that are several months in length. I'm excited to see another program and a new city.
Hope everyone is preparing for a great weekend.

3 comments:

kristin said...

have fun in omaha! yay to experimenting:D can't wait to see everything when you get back
xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

When I saw the newest picture, right away I thought "Oh, someone is in pouring down rain, and is looking at it (alarmed), through her rear view mirror." Sound like I dropped acid? Mona

Ginger said...

I think we should have a show of Janice's Nebraska work when she gets home...yeah!!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.