Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Bat girls

Bat girl escape shoes!


Last night about 10pm I lay dozing on the spare room bed watching TV. Ginger was getting cleaned up after another long day painting the upstairs bathroom. All of a sudden a bird went flying by me, an all black bird with pretty big wings. And then it swooped by again and dove this time. EEEKKK a bat!!!
For some insane reason I cowered on the floor and screamed a lot. It took me a few minutes to remember that bats won't hurt you and navigate by sonar.
So brave me set out with a broom over my head hoping the bat would bump into that while flying and not me. It had flown downstairs into the studio where I opened the sliding doors and out it went. Poor bat!
I think all the screaming led to lots of laughing... and remembering the look on the dogs faces, we being much scarier than the bat!

I looked for some photos to post of the work I did in Santa Cruz, I have to take some, I took no photos of my own stuff!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh missy moo. Those little bat critters eat tons of insects! You must have been terribly close to sleep when you were scared by that bat... though of course bats do have a terrible social rep. All those bad movies from the 50's and 60's! I hope the doggies were kind to you in your fear... were you able to see the critter before it was encouraged to leave your home?

Love the shoes, except the tall ones.

S

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.