Monday, August 17, 2009

Treasure Painting


I'm a bit uneasy about posting this painting.
But... if process is more important than product then maybe there is something to learn from this painting.
I kinda love this painting.
I saw it through to the very end.

Any comments most appreciated.

And on a purely practical level I have exhausted my supply of plywood blocks. If you have any chunks of wood with a smooth surface you'd like to donate (any size) give me a call. Janice


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this painting, in fact I am verging on LUV. It is bright happy and everything fits around and/or in your central character. There is no question that this is his universe and his universe is very full. Was it fun to do? It really looks fun to do. Your universe if very full.

Janice La Verne said...

Thanks! Is that you Mona? It was way fun to paint, I just decided to go for what seemed right...

Toby said...

Love it, Love it, Love love it. You have to see Julie and Julia, we saw it last night, two of our favorite things, blogging and cooking.

Unknown said...

Oooooh J La! I love this painting. Bright, goofy and full of pazaz... that probably isn't how you spell it but you get the idea.
Shelly

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.