Monday, August 17, 2009

Home and Family

This is my brother-in-law Dean. He patrols the beach daily to protect sea turtles' nests.
Sometimes we get photos of the little turtles swimming out to sea.
Today we got Dean on the front page of the Tallahassee paper!
He does such good work, he deserves to be on the front page.

And... on a totally different topic here is our new fixture for the upstairs bath.
It came from Bring Recycling (I call this place home of the pastel toilets and tubs!)
Bring is the greatest place, especially when you find the perfect fixture for your 70's era house.
And... it cost the amazing price of 4 dollars! (It was half price on light fixtures day)

And, here is Ginger putting the finishing touches on the beautiful new bathroom. It's a soft, cool, grey-blue with a white ceiling. And stars sparkling on the light fixture!

Back to the work world tomorrow. It's fun getting projects done...

2 comments:

Liz Tran said...

Love the light fixture. I've never actually been to bring. Crasy, huh? We'll be in Eugene the last weekend of the month. Will you guys be in town?

dean said...

awwww, shucks.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.