Monday, August 3, 2009

Returning

I'm back home. I have 242 photos of my two weeks at Cabrillo Summer Arts Program, but very few of myself! I came to my silkscreen workshop prepared with images, some of which I used. But in the beginning, feeling rather lost I resorted to ink and tracing paper to make simple images to burn onto the screen. Faces and hairdos from people in a fashion magazine...

And dots, lots of dots. The theme of our class was "print, print, print" on anything and everything. These are my dads old plumbing catalogues. The 12 people in our class were super co-operative and loads of fun.
I learned a ton about screen printing. I stayed every day until 5pm. It was no easy feat to stand on concrete floors for 9 hours a day! I was exhausted and totally happy at the end of each day.
I missed the Eugene heatwave (106 degrees). It was beautiful in Santa Cruz: foggy mornings and sunny afternoons in the 70's.
I am beyond tired. I'm just glad to have gotten home on the train with all my stuff: Two huge portfolios, a box, a suitcase, a carry on bag and my little wheelie thing.
This week I want to organize my photos, put stuff away, hug the dogs and cat and try to come back to reality. Phew... more soon!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.