Friday, August 14, 2009

Some prints from my workshop

Our directions were to print on everything. This is a how-to shorthand book.

K's pink paper put to use!

I like my prints from the workshop, but I don't love them. But... when I get another chance at silk screening I have some ideas. I need more "background" screens. And hand drawn lines that are irregular are my favorites. As much as I like my toys translated into photos and then into silkscreen images I don't love them. I think drawing is where I'm going.

That being said I had a day full of art misgivings. Right on the heels of having friends over who gave me tons of positive feedback. Related? you bet. So, I futzed and futzed around the studio and then finally got to work and surprise, I still know how to paint!

Ok... on the home front, G finished painting the upstairs bath a beautiful blue-grey. And tomorrow I start painting the downstairs bath along with going out for ice-cream with our friend who is turning 89!

2 comments:

kristin said...

but WHY dontcha like them? we will discuss at the coast.
meanwhile, if you really hate the one you posted on the pink paper i left you, i can surely get it out of your sight, never to be seen again--except when you come to visit!
xoxoxo

light on a rock said...

Yummy stuff, meaning great surfaces but, maybe the reason that you don't love is that they are not personal. You know what I don't love them either but they are gorgeous to look at.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.