
Ginger and I had a little cake party with the neighbors to welcome our friend who bought the place next door. This pineapple-upside-down cake was made with fresh organic pineapple.
It bakes in a 12 inch cast iron pan, and turning it over onto the plate was an athletic event.
I like to bake. It reminds me of being a kid and sneaking into the kitchen when our mom was gone and making stuff. Once we made a lemon meringue pie!

Thanks everyone for the support around my massive artist insecurity. I do feel much better, and will continue on REGARDLESS.
A. are you there? I miss you.
5 comments:
Wait. Do I understand you to say you made a lemon meringue pie when you were kids?
instant baking street cred!
yum!
the upsidedown cake looks yummy.
xoxoxox
I owe Liz the coconut cake from that book for her b-day. it' coming:)!!!!!! i promise!
Janice: what a yummy looking cake! What caught my eye about your illogical thoughts about applying for an artist residency was "too old". A very wise woman (you) told me, when I thought I was too old to take piano lessions "how old will you be if you don't?" Right back atcha! GO FOR IT!
LYMI - alice
Yeah, I remember when we first met you and brought the giant bucket of blackberries to make pie, but then it didn't turn out, etc... oh, the baking drama goes way back.
The cake looks excellent! Well done!
any cake left? think, overnight shipping.
I'm soooo impressed. Can you fax me a piece? Mona
Post a Comment