Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Good Day


I'm pretty excited that my first day of studio vacation is tomorrow.

I had a wonderful treat tonight. I was invited to attend my 9 year old friend's third grade class presentation. We had seats in the front row where I could watch all those beautiful little faces. The place was packed with parents. The presentation was singing and reciting about the life of Martin Luther King Jr. It was so touching to hear them tell the story, I had a really hard time not crying. These children will have a very hard time hating people for being different when they grow up. The older I get the more I love children.

Lots of tree energy going around. I wish I knew what kind of smoothed bark tree this was. Photo taken in Northern California. The joints reminded me of L's beautiful tree painting.

1 comment:

Liz Tran said...

LOVE the tree! Of course.... So, to answer your question, I'm not lonely here. At least not yet. I think I would be if I didn't have the internet and a vehicle at my disposal, though.
Have fun on your staycation residency! Would that be stayesidency?
xoxoxo

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.