Saturday, January 17, 2009

Large Nosed Bus Art


It has been a good day. I miss G who has gone to the coast, but I like being here alone with my time if that makes any sense. The house looks like a wreck, my art "stuff" has been scattered about, the dishes undone, and the laundry all over the bed. Today has been a day made up more of ideas than action although I did some drawing this am. Had a very good conversation with L. who gave me the following assignment: "Take a symbol you use and repeat it three times. Have it interact with the viewer or have the symbols interact with each other. " Other advice from L: "Make yourself uncomfortable"
What would make me uncomfortable?
1. working larger
2. working in just black and white
3. faces, faces make me nuts, i hate making faces
Lucky for me I like a challenge...

1 comment:

Michele Maule said...

Great assignment :D
I have had so many instructors tell me not to get too precious with work. It's hard not to, but drawing on the bus really forces you to do that.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.