Sunday, January 11, 2009

You are not a bear! Wake up!



This is about the time of year I question my sanity re: moving to and living in Oregon. In January and February I get slower and slower as the days are darker and darker. And if I'm not careful I get depressed too. I lose my focus al la "now what was I doing?"

And now that I have complained I have to tell you about the speaker I heard Friday at work. She talked about wearing a bracelet and every time you complain, gossip or criticize you have to move the bracelet to the other wrist. Now since I brought this up G and I have had several discussions about the difference between complaining and stating facts. The difference between the "how to" of relationships and gossip. Anyway, the goal is to not move the bracelet for 21 consecutive days. The speaker said she hadn't done it yet. But I'm going to try. It seems worth doing just for the disruption of my January mind that sees the glass half empty.

Ok, tomorrow's another day. Loving everyone's blogs. Check them out on my site. Beautiful art, photos, paintings and words.

3 comments:

kristin said...

hi! me too! i had an "inside" day(meaning i feel everything is turned inward and i can't seem to get out of the fog) where things felt dull and i didn't feel like talking to anyone. we went for a little jog outside and it did make me feel better.
i'm going to try your trick of setting a timer for some things..

oh, the rainy photo was by the yachats river. i was sitting in the truck waiting for t. and jasper while they ran on the beach. it was raining really hard. i just took a pix through the window w/ my o.p.n.s.
hang in there! artmaking time for you soon!!!

Michele Maule said...

I totally had one of those dull days today.

I totally get the rainy, depressing, gray, Oregon weather...
However, I would certainly take that over our snowy, freezing cold, gray weather here in Michigan.

The high on Wednesday is going to be 9! The high! 9 degrees! The low is -10 :(

Oh well, hang in there! Art making time is soon!

I would probably have to move that bracelet a gazillion times a day, and get so tired of moving it back and forth I'd take it off ;)
Good luck with it though!

Liz Tran said...

Hang in there J.... I bet you'll feel a bit revived after your art-making week. Winter is always hard for me in the Northwest too. That's why I always try to get out of town for a bit. It helps immensely.
You and K and I should have a creative week at the beach house sometime. What do you think?

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.