Friday, January 23, 2009


This is my first attempt at a xerox transfer painting, beginning stage.


Last night L and I did cut and paste and I searched my paper collection for pieces I want to use in my drawings/paintings.


Patrick makes me cheerful.


This photo is for K and T and L. Ging says hi to you all.

It was a good day. i finally feel pretty focused on what I'm doing. I think I have 3 projects working at once: coaster project, big drawings/paintings, and probably 2 xerox transfer paintings. If I get all that accomplished, well that would be great. BUT:

This am I woke up and thought: I need goals for the day, I need a list, I need to do this and that. And then some smart voice said only one goal was needed for the day: "be happy". I thought about this all day, and it worked out well.

2 comments:

kristin said...

what does g have in the bag;)
ah, lists and to do and be happy. i know about myself that i really dislike it when someone tells me what to do(you know what kind of telling) even when it's myself. but i have to say, that the last two weeks, on my google calendar, i "schedule" things that i want to get done. it's very satisfying to cross them off the list, and at times it helps to already have a decision made for me-- to not have "well i could do this or this or this" 'till i can't decide and end up not doing much at all. but i also keep it loose and open. if something comes up, like the neighbor needing an emergency babysitting moment, i can adjust accordingly.
too many boundaries=bad
not enough boundaries=bad
some boundaries=satisfaction
i'm sad that we can't "own" the painting, but am happy to know where i can come to visit it.
speaking of, does march still work?
i will make you cheese!

Janice La Verne said...

let's just say that what g has in the bag is really stinky, uck.

marzo, si! let's look at dates

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.