Friday, January 9, 2009

Hi Auntie Liz!


Per Liz's request: photos of Simon in his peace tee.
For you Netflix folks I watched a good film tonight: The Visitor (2007). A great story about love and immigration and changing. Just well done and thoughtful...
I have one more week until "my retreat time". I have been thinking about this time a lot. With good conversation help (thanks L) I realized that this will be quite different than a retreat where you go away to a place new to you that changes your perspective automatically. I am by choice staying home to be in my studio (luxury), but also want to design some "assignments" that provide art/life experience not my norm. I have a couple ideas, but would welcome any suggestions. And I want to work/make a lot of hours. And I may have way too many expectations of myself for this short period of time. But, I'm pretty excited that I only have a week more at work! Peace to all from Simon, the kitties and Monty

3 comments:

Liz Tran said...

OMG! You made my day!

Michele Maule said...

Oh! Can't wait to see wait comes out of your little retreat!
I don't have any recommendations...other than have lots of fun and make lots of things. :D

tangled sky studio said...

...and play lots of music! if you need to prep boards or panels or canvases that would be the one thing i would try to do ahead of time so you can fill your time with the fun part of creating....
we had 11 inches of snow last night and it's still coming down!
stay warm,
beth

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.