Thursday, January 22, 2009

Making some progress, I think...


I didn't take any photos of art in progress today, so here is Simon, hanging from one leg to lick Monty's bowl. It's quite a feat for a little, short dog.


my constant companions, they are never critical

Some observations:

1. My studio gets really messy really fast. I have to stop and clean up every couple hours or I wouldn't have room to work! A good reason to clear out that which I do not need.
2. My internal critic is alive and well, I had a bout of "who do you think you are....", but seem to have recovered.
3. Sometimes just going through piles of collage paper is a great catalyst for ideas.
4. I have said "no" to most social engagements. I just want to be home, even if it's home watching a bit of TV.

Well, none of the above are too exciting. I'm happy for tomorrow to come, got some ideas from L the color genius. Can't wait to get back to work.


4 comments:

kristin said...

wouldn't it be nice if you could send the internal critic away on a business trip so you could get some work done w/out listening to all that racket?
kiss the boys for me
new photos on flickr. preview on blog
xo

kristin said...

ps
how much is the "hooray inaguration" painting. seriously. email me.

kristin said...

yes, me again
please paint on pink.
thank you! :)

Michele Maule said...

I think things are looking great so far.
That internal critic doesn't know what she's talking about :P
I'm so glad that you decided to take this time to get work done!
So far I think things are looking really good, and I love the colors you're using!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.